Saturday, June 1, 2013

Haul from the library sale

Today picked up:

Schoenbaum - William Shakespeare: A Compact Documentary Life
Harington - Some Other Place, The Right Time
Brooks - The Times of Melville and Whitman
Eicher - Dixie Betrayed
Armstrong - A History of God
Adams - Brave New Worlds (dystopian anthology)
Moorcock - The Jewel in the Skull (Tor edition)
Thompson - Mystery & Lore of Monsters

There was also a nice copy of Pound's Cantos but when I flipped through somebody made a bunch of annotations along the lines of "loosely translated from Homer" so they weren't even useful.  I went back and forth anyway because it was only $2 but figured I was just getting it as a spare or potential gift so maybe somebody else would appreciate it.  There was also a thick history of WW1 naval war that I also nearly got.  Decided against it since that's probably the one period of naval history that I'm least interested in but more importantly it really was very thick so I was pretty sure I'd never read it.  And a Bill Malone-edited collection of country musician profiles that I really did intend to get except I didn't put it with my stack the first time through and completely forgot to go back.