Thursday, July 8, 2004

Taking the TCCI

My score on the Teachout Cultural Concurrence Index is 62% with unanswerable questions counting as zero. Really, I don't and will never know the difference between Balanchine and Graham let alone prefer either and the same is true for any of the other dance-related choices. But others like Grace Kelly or Marilyn Monroe I don't have the slightest interest in either one and since I don't drink the red/white wine thing is irrelevant. Plus the only reason I chose Steely Dan over Elvis Costello is because E.C. has been an embarassment for the past few years.



If it wasn't too much work (& I thought anybody was reading) I'd make my own:



1. Steve Ditko or Jack Kirby?

2. Greil Marcus or Lester Bangs?

3. Michelangelo or Leonardo?

4. The Wire or Wired?

5. The Sex Pistols or The Clash?

6. Al Jolson or Eddie Cantor?

7. Sound or noise?

8. Godard or Truffaut?

9. Unreal Tournament or Quake 3?

10. Chandler or Hammett?

11. Marlowe or Jonson?

12. Verve or Blue Note?

13. Blonde on Blonde or Sgt Peppers?

14. John Cage: late or early?

15. "either" or "or"?



etc.